Monday, September 28, 2009

Decorating for My Favorite Time of Year!

Good afternoon, folks! Happy Fall! I hope this blog post finds you well and in the autumn spirit. I just got back home from doing a little fall decoration shopping at Ross and Marshalls. I usually go to those stores for decorations because they are cute, simple, and CHEAP! Wal-Mart and K-Mart are usually good too.

With my decorations, I try to keep it simple and have some pieces that are nice and will last a few years. Welcome to our apartment!

I bought this wreath for $7.99.
A close-up...
Here is my current dining room setup:
I bought these three decorative pumpkins together for $5.99.
I bought this new table runner for $14.99. A little steep, but it was worth it because the rest of them were cheesy with leaves. Not my style.
I broke apart the wreath that I made last year and spread the leaves around our kitchen bar. Just adds a touch of color.
A close-up...
I actually won this pumpkin at a white elephant Christmas Party last year. Have you ever been to a white elephant party? It's where everyone wraps up presents that they found around their house that they no longer want. One person's trash is another person's treasure!

One of our good friends really had a fun time creating her gift. She had a carton full of dried pasta, electrical chords, and old underwear for dusting! HA! Nice one, Nancy!

This particular pumpkin is homemade and, believe it or not, is made out of a dryer duct! Pretty inventive.
Of course I had to sprinkle leaves by the flatscreen :)
I bought this pumpkin for $2.99.
And Brody is certainly ready for Fall as well with his new haircut! Isn't he precious!? Look at those gums!
Happy Fall, ya'll!

11 comments:

Tatiana said...

Very, very lovely!!! I love all kinds of decor, and I feel like every season is my favorite season, but fall does have this peacefulness about it...

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I like the runner a lot.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I like the runner a lot.

Yankee Girl said...

Putting up fall/halloween decorations is on my to-do list for this week. I love fall decorations! And the yummy scented fall candles.

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Pretty Fall decorating.

june@craftyniche said...

Your decorations are very cute and festive!

Marie said...

Hello! It's nice to meet ya! Thank you for sharing your pretty Fall decor! I love your table display. And that runner is beautiful!

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Brody is darling!!! I think I like the dryer vent pumpkin the best. Very creative.

Julie said...

Pretty Fall decorating...Love the pup
xoxo
Julie

Southern Fried Gal said...

Hello! That dryer vent pumpkin is so cute! Happy Fall!

Gabrielle Mader said...

I like that trio of mini pumpkins, nice color together. Happy fall to you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...