Saturday, November 14, 2009

An Unintentional Collection

Have you ever tried to collect anything? For me, it was pigs. As a young girl I went through the typical phases of frogs, disney characters (not your typical characters because I always enjoy being different), and then I finally fixated myself on pigs. I have SO MANY things PIGS. Almost too many, but I ended up narrowing down my collection to something I could handle. Otherwise, I would have looked insane to the outside world!

But, have you ever had a collection that was given to you over time that you never thought you would in fact collect? I do! In the past couple of years, my mom has hooked me up with a nice collection of Nutcrackers. That's right, Nutcrackers.

I think the fact that I'm a music nut showed that this could be something that I like. And frankly, I do...they are perfect for the holiday decorations!

Nutcracker #1 with trumpet:
Nutcracker #2 with drums:
The Musical (wind-up) Nutracker #3:
And my most recent one...the Pirate Nutracker! (Reminiscent of ECU, of course!)
Now, I may be musical...but, I don't think Brody really digs it...

It's been such a great Saturday. Lots of Blog Design, relaxing and wine :) Hope yours was as great as mine! Now I'm off to relax even more and grab some take-out with the hubby ;)

Keep a look-out for my blog design PORTFOLIO to GROW! Are you next!?

A perfect Saturday Night!

8 comments:

Todd and Courtney said...

Thanks for the sweet comment. Brody is soooo cute!! Is he a Shih Tzu? I'm just assuming so. We have one as well, our Belle :)

Brittany said...

thank you so much for the sweet comment. your little doggy is just so cute! i have two small dogs of my own : )

As for a new blog layout (i think thats what its called lol) i have thought about it but everywhere i look they charge you an arm and a leg its crazy!

strokeofliving said...

Poor Brody he doesn't know if to attack the nutcracker or not. Too cute!!

Anonymous said...

Nutcrackers are really neat. I love them as Christmas decoration.

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I love the Nutcrackers.

I just love holiday decorations. I would guess that is the closest I have to a "collection" - I have 12 or 13 Christmas trees.... it's kinda disgusting. But, I just love decorating for holidays. I'd like to begin a collection of a Village this year.

The Reeds said...

Thanks for the comment! I seem to collect patches from countries I visit and magnets.. It has happened by accident... But some of the most interesting places don't have either. :(

Happy holiday decorating!

TwoHeartsTogether said...

I love Nutcrackers too! Your Pirate one is my favorite. Jeff has a collection somewhere still at his moms.
My collection is my Christmas Village! When I get all my Christmas decor out I'll do a post!

Happy Blogging!

Laura Kathleen said...

I used to collect pigs, too! :) Now I'm not collecting anything, at the moment unless copious amounts of holiday decor count.

Jon collects Charlie Brown Christmas stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...