Saturday, June 12, 2010

It's Been a While...See What We've Been Up To!

Wow, it's been a whole week with no blogging! Sorry about that. So, I thought I would bring you up to speed with some house updates, some pictures of my Novice Teacher of the Year Banquet/Award and some Style updates as well. Enjoy!

The Teacher of the Year Banquet was one of the highlights of my five years of teaching, it really was simply amazing to have that kind of support from other teachers, administration and Central Office staff. What a night!

Here are Patrick and I after the banquet.
The Principal asked the Wind Ensemble to play that night; it was like a mini concert and the crowd loved it!
Here I am winning my award - a brand new Acer Laptop, $250 in cash, and a beautiful floral arrangement!
They had just announced the winner here :)
After the two awards were handed out, they asked the winnes to speak. This is right before the immense crying began...sheesh!
Ah, and now onto some more first home updates! In our basement, we still had those ratty 70's panel blinds over the sliding glass doors. YUCK! So, we took those down, spackled, and put up a wonderful curtain rod (just like the one in the kitchen) and grey curtains from Wal-Mart. They really do the trick!

Brody loves being by the door!
Our furniture finally came in a few weeks ago, and our basement really is coming together. Our very own Entertainment Cave :)
We plan on painting...do any colors come to mind? I'm still trying to figure out which color I want. HELP!
A close-up of our loveseat. I fell in love with the couch; it's comfortable, has great accent pillows, has a neutral color, and is pretty contemporary. A perfect fit!
I needed to put something on our two stair landings, it was just so bland. So I found this vase from Michael's for $15.00. This leads down to the basement.
The stair landing going upstairs stays with the red theme and is a little taller because the ceilings are so high.
I just loved the detail. Also found at Michael's on sale for $15.00!
On to style. Patrick and I have been invited to the Upperville Colt and Horse Show this Sunday (pictures coming soon!) and it's a very formal event; dress, hat...the whole nine yards. So, we of course went shopping...on a budget :)

I bought these shoes from DSW, they go perfect with my dresses. I needed a cute pair of sandals anyway. Very comfortable!
I bought this dress from Ross for only $15.00! Here's a perfect dress that has enough detail on the top that I don't need a necklace!
The next two dresses are from Marshall's. This cute black, turtleneck dress was only $10.00! So cute with it's parachute-like skirt.
And this dress was $15.00 as well! I'm starting to head outside of my comfort zone, this was a good start for me :) These are also great for summer!
I found this cute ring for $5.00 at Kohl's.
Sunglasses at Kohl's as well for only $10.00.
A great, stylish hat for $9.99 from Target.
Another item from Target for $8.00...this wonderful pair of earrings that I plan on wearing with the teal dress shown above!
And finally, I found THREE pairs of earrings on clearance for only $5.00 at Kohl's.
Whew! We've been up to our necks in decorating, working, and spending time with folks. Patrick is officially done with school and on summer break. I, on the other hand, still have a week with kids, and then four days of workdays and professional development before I can say I'm on break.

A-booo. It was good catching up with you all, though, how have you been!?

1 comment:

Amanda @ Our Oklahoma Nest said...

Yay! I missed your posts! Congrats on winning an award! That is SO awesome! And a laptop! Wow!

Love the grey curtains and couches! Maybe you could go with a light grey or taupe color. Or mocha. A lot of colors would work, especially with the couches! I think the grey would be pretty with the curtains, though.

And, wow, you found some cute stuff at Ross. I feel like I can never find clothes there, just purses. Love them all!

Have fun at the horse show! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...