Friday, September 25, 2009

Always a Bridesmaid...Never the Decoration!?

So, I've been wanting to write this blog post for a while now, but the lack of camera's that work in this household have held me back. My camera's charging dock randomly broke, and the hubby's camera just stinks. HA! So, we found a way to "jimmy rig" his and I finally have some photos.

Christmas list 2009 - NEW CAMERA! :) *wink, wink*...*nudge, nudge*

Anyway, just thought I would share with you a new decoration that I came up with about a month ago. "Always a bridesmaid, never a bride" didn't really apply to me. I was a bridesmaid once to my matron of honor at my own wedding. I'm definitely one to save things, so of course, I dried my bouquet from Mere's wedding.

Now...what to do after it's been dried? Why not use it as decoration!? I needed something to spruce up my guest bathroom a bit, and this was the perfect item. The color matched and it added a bit of flare.
A little further away...
...and the FULL scope :)

I think it's pretty cool...who says being a bridesmaid is a curse? :) Let's see if the bride recognizes her bouquet!? ;)

6 comments:

Meredith said...

What a great idea!! Looks good! I was going to save my bouquet from your wedding, but Becca and I got drunk in the hotel room after and kind of destroyed it along with the room!!

Unknown said...

I remember when we were in college and always did that with our flowers : ) So fun!

Summer said...

What a cute idea! It looks fun and creative and adds a little something to a guest bathroom huh! Thanks for visiting my blog... :0)! It's soooo funny you mentioned a new blog design cause I've been hinting to my hubby that is what I would like and I am in th process of searching now.... I will let ya know if and when I ever decide...
Summer :0)

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Very cute. I dried my bouquet from our wedding but had it matted and framed. i love it. Hubs thought it was a little expensive, but he thinks that about everything.

Thanks for visiting NewlyWoodwards. Happy to meet another NewlyWoodward. =)

TwoHeartsTogether said...

Thats cool that you saved it, you'll always remember it

TwoHeartsTogether said...

Halloween Costume Ideas:

-Dorthy from Wizard of OZ
-A LadyBug
-Pocahontas
-Cruella Devil
-A Queen
- Butterfly
-Cowgirl
-Spider Woman ( not the spider man type, you could wear all black and focos on spider web designs and spider accessories) I did that last year

Hope that helps!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...