Monday, January 18, 2010

The Golden Globes - Fashion Do's & Don'ts

The Golden Globes were last night, and following in the footsteps of Amanda at My Nashville Nest, I thought I would show you my favorite and least favorite dresses of the evening. So sit back, and enjoy the pictures!

Lea Michele from Glee had my favorite dress of the night. I absolutely love this ballgown.
Kristen Bell's white dress is simply adorable.
Jessalyn Gilsig from Glee also had a beautiful dress, it fit her perfectly.
Sandra Bullock, I'm swaying back and forth with this dress. I love the color on you and the top of the gown...the actual skirt was not my favorite, though.
Maggie Gylenhaal - I don't get it. I'm not a big fan of this shape in a dress, but I don't understand the origami pieces either.
Sorry Amanda, but I didn't like Loren Graham's pink get-up. I don't like the bow at the top, and I don't think this silhouette fits her well.
Tina Fey, you are hilarious - but you don't want your dress to be laughable. This is just silly.
Anna Paquin, I adore you in True Blood...but you look like a Golden Globe in this sparkly thing. Not my favorite.
Chloe Sevigny, I love you too in Big Love. Congrats on your win! But as TMZ put it, you look like Lady Liberty.
Julia Roberts, I dont' think you dressed up enough. This black dress looks good on you, but it's too simple...give us some spark!
Cameron Diaz, I'm just not a big fan of her at all. She almost looks concave in this dress, and I really hate the neckline.
Oh Mariah Carey, you've had quite the few weeks. I. do. not. like. this. dress. Yuck. Enough said.
And I thought I would end with one of my favorite hollywood couples. Felicity Huffman and William H. Macy seem so perfect for eachother, and they always dress well. They seem so genuine!
So, who were your favorites...and who's outfit could have been better?

We've found a house that we really like, so cross your fingers that we can make this work. We are knee deep in the process! Happy Monday, folks!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the same dresses you do, but I think Mariah Carey looked horrible--but then she usually does. She's all about skin tight and how much of her boobs can she show without actually exposing the nipples!

Just stopped by from SITS; hope you'll do the same.

Julia said...

I agree with you for the most part but Julia Roberts dressing very simply was appropriate considering the events in Haiti. Maybe she was dressing with that in mind. I love her, she is a true movie star.

angelina la dawn said...

i missed the globes last night, thanks for the photos! {i totally agree with your choices}

Pamela said...

Good luck on the house stuff!

Amanda @ Our Oklahoma Nest said...

Love Felicity Huffman, too! Oh, and I think I just love Lauren Graham and the color pink so much, so that's why it's one of my faves! :)

Katie said...

What a great blog! Love your comments on the dresses! Thanks for coming by my blog! I definitely will keep following you!

Thanks about the house! Honestly, it sort of all fell in our laps! We had some really good people we could trust and that made a big difference for us.

Def. shoot me an email if there is anything I can help with! Where are you guys at in the process???

The Undomestic Mom said...

I love your dress picks!

Tina L. Hook said...

I enjoy looking at the red carpet photos too. Call me crazy but I kind of like the whole 50's retro dress TINA FEY was wearing and I thought it played well with her shoes. I already read the critic's comments so I know I am alone in my opinion.

As far as Mariah is concerned, girl, put your boobies away. I know they are magnificent but today is not the day.

Stopping by from SITS.

Lisa said...

Hi! Stopping by from SITS!
I agree with you on most of these. Maggie's dress though looks like bandages to me (at least near the neckline) and I really like Anna's dress (although the shoes do not work) and Cameron's (except the shoes again), very 30's/40's, which I adore. Lea's was definitely the best. Gorgeous!

have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...