Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Beginnings of Summer!

Alright, I have been on summer break for three days now, and it's been amazing!  I won't have a case of the Monday's today...because I'm not going to work!  WOO HOO!  So, I thought I would show you what we've been up to in the last three days.  All you teachers out there know, you can't just sit still.  Although, I'm pretty good at it ;)

We've been putting a lot of things up on the wall.  My Pirates' clock went up above my desk today, it's perfect!

We found amazing framed pictures to put in the Dining Room to complete the look.  Found them at Marshall's!

Only $12.99 a piece!  The shades and colors are perfect for the look!
And here's the second.


We worked a bit on our "Music Room" (technically the formal Living Room) across from the Dining Room.


We bought a temperature dial from Kohl's today, on sale for $13.99!

Another purchase from Marshall's - a beautiful basket for my coffee table in the Family Room.

I've been wanting a cute watering can for our front porch to use as a planter.  Found this at Marshall's as well for only $12.99!  Cool design, don't you think!?

When we spent the weekend with my mom, Pat and I bought these wonderful solar powered lights for the front walkway.  They look fantastic during the daytime...

...and the night time!  They make such a cool design on the concrete!

Marshall's was the place to go...but we found this there for only $12.99 (what a popular price!), it's another solar powered gadget!  Perfect for the deck!


Here it is at 10pm.  Ok...is it just me, or is there a creepy mist around the light?


Ok, that mist is getting stronger.  Where are the Ghost Hunters when you need them!?

I hope you all have a wonderful week!  Pat and I are so excited to have some time off.  Make it a good Monday, people! ;)

6 comments:

Katie said...

Love it!!! I am so jealous you have already jumped into summer break! I'm a teacher too and we just had graduation...so I am SO psyched to be done!!!

I have a few jobs this summer, but it is not the same as teaching, so I'll take it!

Your decorating looks great! LOVE Marshalls and Kohls!

Krystle said...

That watering can is cute!! I'm going to have to find a Marshall's around here! The lights are pretty at night!! Enjoy your vacation =)

A style blog said...

very cute! I don't know what I'm going to be doing on maternity leave and waiting for this baby to get here!

Not Everyones Mama said...

Wow! You have had a busy few days off already! I love everything! And I <3 marshal's and Gordman's. :) Stopping by from SITS!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Nice finds! I love that watering can!

Sonya said...

I can't sit still during my summer vacation either! I do relax, but I don't mind doing stuff because I finally have time to do whatever I want to do! I sadly enjoy thoroughly cleaning my house in the summer! It doesn't get that much attention during the school year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...