Sunday, April 15, 2012

Wilmington, NC - Day 1

The day after Easter, Patrick, Preston and I made our first road trip together as a family to Wilmington, NC.  As you know, we try and go there every year at New Year's to celebrate.  Unfortunately we weren't able to go this year, so this trip certainly made up for that. 

On the second day we were there, we made a day trip to the local Aquarium.  Oh how cool it was taking Preston there and having all of these new sights for him to see.  He was mesmerized!

He usually wanted to touch the glass at every exhibit.  So curious.

While Preston is clueless as to what kind of animal is behind him, I surely wasn't.  This huge alligator was sleeping, and right when I put Preston down by the glass - HIS EYE OPENED! 

Needless to say, I did not stand there very long with him. 

We talked a lot about what we saw.


I'm still a little unsure about this place, Daddy...

So there was this crab statue.  It had a hole in the middle of it and a secret crawl space underneath.  Of course Pat took Preston and made his way in there.  I had the camera ready.

HA!

And here is where I freaked out because my baby was licking the crab!  MAJOR GERMS!  Quick Pat, get out of there, he's eating the crab!!!

Priceless.

The fish were beautiful.

Watching closely.

Hold me close, Dad - these fish are bigger than me!

Precious.

What a great day at the Aquarium.

The beach was only ten minutes away from the Aquarium, so we couldn't pass up the beautiful weather and Preston's first chance to see the ocean and step in the sand.  Pat and I were so excited to introduce him to such beautiful sights.  The ocean can really bring peace to your heart.

This sand is cold, but it's pretty neat.

Love you, Daddy.

Mom, this is just too cool!


The scenery was breathtaking...

We also found Preston his first seashells to start his collection. 

Dad, are we almost done?  I'm hungry and tired - did you get all of the pictures you wanted?

Not just yet, Preston - not just yet ;)


Right across from the beach was a beautiful park with these amazing trees.  Pat is in love with cool looking trees, so we had to stop.  I'm actually going to frame this picture below, enlarge it, and hang it in our family room.  We adore the landscape.

Even though Preston was tired, he gave us a few more amazing pictures. 

Oh to see the world in a baby's eyes again...so pure and innocent.  It's just so much fun to watch him learn new things about the world with fresh eyes. 


Mom, Dad - I love you...but I'm wiped.

Our first family outing in Wilmington, NC was a success and we have so many memories.  I am so happy that Preston was able to experience one of our favorite places on the planet.

Day 2 in Wilmington coming soon!

3 comments:

momto8 said...

What a fun trip! wow..your pictures are great!! lucky you!!!
I am your newest follower from the hop..pls follow back if you can.
and what a marvelous collection of shells!!

Emily said...

Crab licking, baby toesies in the sand, love it all!! :) he is so cute!

Amanda said...

awww i bet that was so special watching him take in all those new sights!!!! i love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...