Monday, March 1, 2010

One Year Anniversary & Top Two Tuesday

I AM SO EXCITED!!!! The hubby and I have officially set our 1-year Anniversary trip with it stocked full of awesome things!

First...we are headed back to our wedding reception site for Easter Sunday Brunch. The Heart in Hand in Clifton, Va. We love it and they have AMAZING food! Yes...our 1-year anniversary falls on Easter this year.

Then we will head up to my mom's to eat the top-layer of our wedding cake. It's tradition, folks!!
Then we are headed to our absolute favorite place in the world...Wilmington, NC. Like I've said before...we will retire in this town! (PS - the picture in my left sidebar under Heaven...that's Wilmington!)

We will be staying at the Coastal Inn right on the water. LOVE IT!
I love the murals on the side walls.
And our room will have a beautiful river view for 3 days!!
We are SO STOKED for our PRIVATE 3 1/2 hour tour on the inner coastal waterways in Wilmington that is totally centered around our favorite show...Dawson's Creek! Sure we'll be listening about the history behind the scenery and location, but we are headed to the infamous dock and Dawson's home where the entire show was filmed!
SO MUCH FUN!!! :) :) :)

Then, on our final night, we will be taking the Ghost Walk through the night. We've done the pub crawl a couple of times, so it's time for something new.
We'll also play a round of golf (9 holes...definitely NOT 18!).
Now for Top Two Tuesday with The Undomestic Momma! The theme today is top two places to shop. I'm a pretty simple gal, and when I find something I like...I stick with it forever.

New York & Company has amazing jewelry at a very reasonable price. They also have really nice clothes, and usually have a lot of great sales going on. Teachers, apparently if you go in with your teacher badge, you automatically get 15% off yoru purchase. Check and see if it works at your local store!
Here's my uber boring answer for store number 2...Macy's. They have so much stuff, you can always use a 20% coupon and find anything and everything. PS - they totally carry most of Jessica Simpson's products!
What have you all done on your 1-year anniversaries? I'd love to hear from you all!

I hope this blog entry finds you well!

11 comments:

Rebekah said...

That sounds like an AWESOME first anniversary trip! How fun for you guys. I'm loving the Dawson's Creek part. I am so excited for our first anniversary, but we have no idea if we will even be together since this summer might be crazy. I definitely want to plan though!

Amy said...

Cute blog! Visiting from SITS! Happy anniversary! :)

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

you're anniversary spot looks great! happy 1 yr!
as for ur shopping choices...how sad that i haven't been to new york and company in years and years....i thought those stores were all gone...shows how much i get out! ;o)

Aly @ Analyze This said...

What an awesome anniversary! I love that! Ohh, I am so jealous! You did the DC tour! How fun is that?!?!

Love your store choices....I totally forgot about Macy's! I love their INC line!

Cute blog! I came from Undomestic Momma! :)

midwesterngal said...

What a great anniversary trip! Hubby-to-be and I have always wanted to head out to North Carolina. It's so beautiful!

And I love Macys. :) I always buy my winter coat from there...I mean, I have to get a new one every year, right?...haha

Cute blog!

The Undomestic Mom said...

Wow your trip looks amazing! Love your picks!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

How exciting to have your trip all planned! Now, if it can just get here already :)

Kenj said...

I love your choices.!! (:
Your trip looks so fun also.!!
I am super super jealous.!

Amanda @ Our Oklahoma Nest said...

What a perfect anniversary trip!!!!! First of all, how neat that you get to eat at your reception site and that it's on Easter! I think that's so neat! I've never been to Wilmington, but you are making me want to go! It looks gorgeous. Dawson's Creak and a Ghost walk!!!! So jealous!

Kalyn Randolph said...

Thanks so much for linking up with us today for the From One Year and Beyond series! I enjoyed looking over your anniversary pictures :)

Laynah said...

That's so sweet that you're going back to where you had your reception!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...