Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Wedding Wednesday: Centerpieces

It's here again...Wedding Wednesday, people! Aren't you excited!? Don't weddings just make you smile with happiness and joy!? How about planning a wedding, though? Still happy? Still joyful?

What about those darn centerpieces!? Where do you even begin to start with figuring those things out? Well, I'm taking you through a series of ideas, I hope you enjoy and something catches your eye :)

A beautiful bunch...a simple glass base, flower petals surrounding. Perfect!
What a neat idea! My only concern is the tea lights...they don't last very long.
Whispy, romantic, rustic, antique...LOVE IT!
Another small bouquet, simple and elegant. It speaks volumes.
I love fruit as a centerpiece. The colors are so bold!
Can't go wrong with limes in the vase.
How about an extravagant and tall centerpiece? This speaks volumes too! I adore the hydrangea flowers in this picture.
A different version, not necessarily my favorite, but maybe you like it.
The fall colors are gorgeous here.
As far as my centerpieces, I was looking for something simple and elegant...and CHEAP! Let's just say that I went to Michael's quite a bit to complete my idea. They have everything :)

I realy loved the idea of a flower under water with a floating candle topping it off. I felt it was different and unique.
Another version...don't forget about the mirror!
We had an extra centerpiece, so we used it on our cake table as well. Do you see it over there on the left?

Did we use real flowers, you ask? No. We felt that if real flowers were left under water for a four hour reception, they would wilt by the end of the night. Fake flowers all the way for the under water look!
The next two pictures don't show the full look, just the starting thought. We did add flower petals and more pink colored gems to complete the look.
Simple and elegant. PS - don't forget the extra tea lights surrounding the main centerpiece!
Something else we did, folks...we tested the floating candles. We made sure they would burn for a total of four hours. I didn't want them all fading out after about an hour. Something to think about...

Now it's YOUR turn! MckLinky it up and share with us your centerpieces. Do you have a unique idea to share with everyone? We'd love to hear from all of you!

Eat, Drink, and Be Married!


5 comments:

Rebekah said...

I love the way your tables are set up. So elegant.

Genevieve said...

New follower stopping by from SITS! Love the centerpieces and wedding Wednesdays!

Amanda @ Our Oklahoma Nest said...

Love these! Wish I could participate, but we didn't have centerpieces!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kenju said...

Your assumption that real flowers would not hold up under water is not correct. They do and will be good for several days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...