Saturday, May 1, 2010

Our First Home - PAINT!

Forewarning...it's a work in progress! :)

So...Pat and I have been PAINTING! We absolutely love this house, but we didn't love the colors when we moved in. Pinks, blues, yellows, and whites. I'm a neutral kind of gal, and needed less powerful bright colors. It was hard on the eyes.

We just finished our third week in the house, and I'm happy to say we've gotten a lot done while working two full time jobs. We're pretty proud of ourselves :)

So, enjoy some before & after pictures. Remember...we haven't had a chance to decorate, so it's not up to par just yet. Those pictures are coming soon!

The Foyer before: (love the pink...)
The Foyer after: (Much easier on the eyes!)
The Family Room before: (Tropical blue...)
The Family Room after: (I think it looks a little bigger now...sorry for the huge box and lack of curtains.)
The Dining Room and chandalier before:
The Chandalier after: Lamp shades from Lowe's.
The Kitchen table before:
The NEW Kitchen Table: (Bought from Good Wood for a great price!)
#1:#2:
#3: We took out the 70's blinds covering the sliding glass doors, and put a curtain rod in from Lowe's and fabulous texture curtain panels from Wal-Mart. Always good to save some money!
And the biggest makeover yet...The Kitchen before:
The Cabinets after: (four coats of white, and new handles/knobs from Home Depot as well as new wall paint - Almond Whisp!)
The Kitchen after: (now picture granite countertops and stainless steel appliances!)
Well, that's what we've done so far. We haven't completed our decorating, but we've been working hard at making this house our own. Just wanted to bring you some updates since so many of you were asking!

I hope you have a lovely weekend, the hubby and I are off to paint the bathroom and find the perfect comforter set! More udpates coming soon :)

PS - all of the paint that we used we got from Home Depot. The Brand - Behr Premium Plus Ultra (Paint and Primer in one!) We used the colors Almond Whisp and Mesa Taupe for shade contrast.

7 comments:

Amanda @ Our Oklahoma Nest said...

It is looking awesome!!!! The neutral taupe makes everything flow so much better. LOVE the cabinet color and hardware. Countertops look great! Oh, love the table and curtains in the dining room, too! I just love everything! Great job! I know it is so exciting for you both!

And I'm so glad you figured out the site feed problem! Now, I don't have to miss any posts! Have a great weekend!

Sonya said...

Your new colors look amazing! The kitchen is a really drastic change and it looks huge! Can't wait to see more!

Michelle said...

Wow!!! I love it! You guys have definitely been working hard. Keep the up-dates coming! :)

Happy Gramma said...

Thanks for the update about the widget!
Your house looks beautiful! Great work!
Go to www.thevirginiahouse.blogspot.com
She has excellent ideas for redoing a house. You will like it!
I am following from Friday Follow.
Come visit me and enter my drawing for the Mother's Day basket. There is only 1 more hour in the drawing!
www.happyfamilyhappykids.blogspot.com

Rebekah said...

I absolutely love your table! I want one in that style and I'm having the hardest time finding it! It probably doesn't help that I keep changing my mind. Great work on the house!

Melva Rivers said...

Great job on the remodeling! I, too, prefer neutral colors and earth tones in the more public areas of the house. I put pastel and bold colors on bedrooms and bathrooms, but I like neutrals and earth tones elsewhere. The foyer and the family room are my favorites. The new colors made those two rooms feel more contemporary and modern. What a huge difference a simple paint job can do!

Mandie Legg said...

Pastel colors are my type of color but that’s just for my clothing and never for interiors. Hehe! I’m amazed to see the changes that you’ve done to your house and I can really say that you’ve done a good job on your redo. It’s been almost three years after this repainting job and I’m thinking if you still decided to change the color or change your furniture. If you do, I hope you also have a post regarding that update. :)

-^ Mandie Legg ^-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...