Saturday, May 1, 2010

Site Feed Mystery...Is it Happening to You!?

Folks, I just wanted to make you, my dear followers, and other readers aware of an issue with Blogger. A lot of us, including myself and possibly you, are/were having troubles with our site feed.

I had found that I was not getting as many comments on my posts. A dear blogger friend of mine, Amanda at My Nashville Nest, made me aware of the fact that on her Blog List my blog was not updating. So, therefore, she was missing many of my recent udpates. She had no clue I was blogging! PROBLEMS!!

Another thing I noticed was that when I commented at The Secret is in the Sauce website, my latest blog entry was not posting along with it. Red flags, folks!

Apparently many people were having these problems, and I've been researching this all morning because I want you all to know when I've updated and what I've been up to! That's the point of blogging!

Well, I found the problem...this widget:
Feedjit is a widget that shows where your latest readers are coming from. What city, state, and blog that they came from. I thought this was a great addition...negatory. After all of my research, I removed this widget, and my feeds are back to normal!

So, if you were one of those followers that had me on your blog list and you thought I had just abandoned the site, I sincerely apologize. But, I wanted to let you all know of this problem, because it could be happening to YOU!

Take a look, and let me know if you are having any problems with this as well. Hopefully I can try and steer you in the right direction. Happy Blogging!

Now, go to the next blog post below and read my latest post from this morning! We've been doing A LOT of work on our new home. Great before and after photos there! Thanks ya'll!

PS - I just changed some of my playlist, you'll notice you're hearing a new opening song. It's from Miranda Lambert's latest cd: Revolution. One of the greatest country cd's in quite a while. Enjoy!!

3 comments:

Sonya said...

I had wondered what was happening! You were listed in my reader, but I never got anything! All of the sudden this week I got a ton of posts from you! Glad it's back to normal!

TheSmellyArmpit said...

YIkes! thanks for the info!!!

Visiting from FF. Hope you can stop by for my cookbook giveaway! wahoo!!!
MageeMommy
http://mageebaby.blogspot.com

Amanda @ Our Oklahoma Nest said...

So glad you got it fixed! I hated missing your posts! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...