Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Big Reveal and MUCH More!

Random Integer Generator


Here are your random numbers:
2

Timestamp: 2010-07-02 15:05:40 UTC

Congratulations to: Heather at The 24/7 Mom!(Heather - e-mail me your address and I will send those gift cards to you ASAP!)

Ok, so unfortunately, nobody guessed the right answer for my amazing Goodwill find...so here's the big reveal!  We bought this dresser for only $25.00 with a 20% coupon!  So essentially, a HUGE dresser for only $20.00.  A steal, right!?  We are so excited about it!

There is pretty detail at the top of it.

Imagine this white with black handles.  I'm diggin' it!  My suggestion to all of you - frequent Goodwill's often, you never know what you're going to find!

Since no one answered it correctly, I'm still going to be giving the gift away - so I will reveal the winner based off of who participated and the Random Integer Generator.  So check back tomorrow to see if you won!!!

Summer break has been great so far, it's lovely to have time to focus on my family, my house, and myself.  I know Brody has really been enjoying his parents being home more often :)

Pat and I headed to Goodwill again on Tuesday, and I was going for specific finds...


I found this beautifully decorated silver tray for my dresser for only $3.49!

And another...


...for the Master Bath - only $2.80!

I needed a miniature lamp for the master bath as well.  I'm really trying to make our master bed/bath a true getaway.

We found this lamp at Wal-Mart for only $10.00.  Perfect!


My first silver tray in use!  Love it :)


And again...Yes, that is Jessica Simpson perfume and lotion.  :o)

And here is the silver tray and miniature lamp in our master bath.  It's really starting to look cozy in there!  Now we just need paint :)  I'll of course let you know when we get that done!


The big picture.


And now onto our big purchase that we saved up for just in time for the Fourth of July!  Patio Furniture and a grill!  SWEET!! 

We bought our furniture at Lowe's and let me tell you, folks, we went all over town finding just the right umbrella.  You know me, I don't like to spend a lot of money, and what I do spend it on needs to be quality.  Everyone is selling umbrellas, but I hate the ones where you have to scroll it up.  I wanted the pin.

So, we searched and searched - and found the perfect one at...World Market!  It was on sale, I had a 10% coupon, and gosh darnet, this is absolutely the most "fashionable" umbrella.  Too bad they didn't have any of the one I wanted, so I told them I wanted the display!  And they gave it to me :)

Don't be afraid to get what you want, folks - you'll be much happier in the end!


Isn't it beautiful!  We have green shutters, so the olive green is perfect with some more splash of color!  It's to die for!  It also has pure wood underneath, not that cheap plastic.


We moved some of our other patio furniture that we had already owned in our cute little nook.

Now, I got the patio furniture that I wanted - and Pat did A LOT of research to find the perfect grill.  He decided to go the Charcoal route, and that made me nervous at first.  But, the reviews for this Char-Griller "Super Pro" grill were amazing.  It's not too big, and you can really do a lot with charcoal.  Also bought at Lowe's

Now, some wives will shake their head at this - but it was dark outside when he wanted to put it together - so he put it together....in the Family Room.  I had grill parts EVERYWHERE!  He was just so cute putting it together, though, I had to let him :)

Doesn't it fit perfectly?


It looks very manly.


It really does have a lot of space for grilling too.  We love it!

Shopping suggestions for everyone - be diligent, be confident, get what you want, read reviews of the product, and don't just settle.  Really take the time to buy products that will last and make you and your families happy.  Don't buy off of a whim...unless it's a dresser from Goodwill ;)

Remember, check back tomorrow to see who the WINNERS are of the $10.00 Best Buy gift card and the $10.00 gift card for Itunes.  Good luck!

10 comments:

Sonya said...

The dresser is a good find! My husband put our grill together in the living room! It wasn't dark outside, but he wanted to watch TV while he did it!

The Undomestic Mom said...

looks great!

Annie said...

Lots of good deals!! I wish that I was more a bargain shopper!

Lisha @ DeLovely Life said...

Loverly, seester. :) We bought two of the lamps for our guest room a few months ago. Great minds, a?

Not Everyones Mama said...

I want to go shopping with you. You find the best stuff! And I love the dresser! Thank you!

I'm going to stick you in my blogroll so I don't forget to get over here and visit!

Charlene Austin said...

The umbrella is so pretty!!! Good score on the dresser. I've been on the hunt for a dresser to put in my closet which I removed the doors from. It's proving hard as the ideal size would be 36" and most everything is too wide. I will just have to keep patiently looking.

Steph said...

Great scoop on the dresser and I love your umbrella. I got a similar one this summer with the pin and wood frame and I just love it. Oh, and your silver trays are gorgeous too.

Anonymous said...

Love the dresser. What a find! The Goodwill stores in my area offers furniture at much higher prices. Last week saw a plain kitchen table, no chairs, for $99.99 and it was nothing special. Anyone else finding that Goodwill isn't offering inexpensive goods anymore?

Monique

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms said...

Fabulous finds! That's a great dresser--I found a similar one last year for $20 and painted/mod podged it. Your plans sound wonderful.

Lil Bit said...

We bought that exact same grill. I am not a griller by any means, but I LOVE using this grill. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...