Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Next DIY Project

My husband and I's next project is this lovely table right here. What to do, what to do? It's a very nice table, but I have grown extremely tired of the glass top. The idea is to be able to display certain things inside, but I'm not interested in doing that anymore. I simply want a functional, pretty coffee table in the living room that will match the decor, is that too much to ask!? I need some inspiration, folks.
My hope is to completely get rid of the glass top and replace it with something else. That way we can still use the inside of the table to store things like coasters and remotes.
Do you all have any ideas of how to refurbish this table? What type of top should I make? Remember, it needs to be functional. I thought of changing it to an ottoman, but then the coffee table is lost.
Any ideas?

Also, since we stained our bedroom set, I have been on the look-out for a dresser tray to hold such girly items like hairspray, nail polish, and other dresser accessories. Something like this would be perfect...
...or this.
I will probably go to my local antique shops and try to find something. I'll keep you posted on my findings.

Happy Tuesday, bloggers!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

You could always decoupage things onto the glass top to cover it up. Photos would work, old postcards, etc. Even scrapbook paper as background or as an all over pattern! Mod Podge is great for that.

Laura Kathleen said...

Any way you could make a new top for it and put hinges on it? :) Jon and I have a coffee table that's actually a cedar chest and we love having the storage without having to see the junk inside of it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...