Thursday, January 14, 2010

Our Saturn Aura XE

Well, like I told you yesterday, the hubby and I had a very unexpected expense two days ago come up and bite us in the butt. We knew that his 1998 Ford Taurus was coming to it's end. But, we didn't expect it to happen NOW! Oh well...sh-- happens, right?

So, we ended up looking at a couple different cars like the Honda Accord, the Nissan Altima, and the Toyota Camry. But we just couldn't really make a decision, nothing was really wowing us. Until...

We went to the Saturn dealership in our area. I found the Saturn Aura XE online and really digged the look of it. Isn't it sleek looking!?
When we drove it, it was quiet, extremely smooth, really spacious inside, and it was a 2008...not too old! Only 39,000 miles on it!

So, we had a car to trade in...good news, right!? Well, according to Kelley Blue Book, "The Hulk" (Pat's green Ford Taurus since high school) only ran for $200. YIKES! But, the Saturn dealership, without even looking at it, wanted to offer us $1100. FANTASTIC!

So, we fell in love with the car, check out why:

Classic front dash and sleek gray, cloth interior...
A great sound/radio system that is XM ready :)
TONS of room in the front...
...and in the back seats.
The trunk has a lot of room, great for traveling.
We feel as though we made a great choice for us and our family. We really love our Saturn!
Our next adventure?! Finding and buying our first home! I will keep you posted on any news as we begin our search. PS - we started our search two days ago!

Aren't you excited for the weekend!?!?!?

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Very cute! We talked about buying an Aura when we're ready replace my husband's car. I'm hoping we have awhile on that since he drives his less than a mile a day round trip to work and back! I'm hoping we'll pay off my car before we have to look at his! That's awesome that the dealership gave you a great trade-in!

Pamela said...

I love Saturns, and I was really bummed when I found out they were going under...I would have driven a Saturn for forever. Best of luck with the new car!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...