Monday, May 10, 2010

Our First Home: A Welcoming Place!

Happy Belated Mothers' Day to all of those blogging Mom's out there! We had a great day with my mom. Bought her flowers, this cross necklace from Kohl's, and took her for Lunch at Cracker Barrel. A beautiful day!

I thought I would give you some updates to show you what we've been up to. It's been a while!

My mom was kind enough to give us a housewarming gift, these beautiful white rocking chairs from Lowe's! Pat and I bought the matching table yesterday to complete our front porch look. Very welcoming, don't ya think!?
This is our "green" room. This one hadn't been used very much by the previous owner, so we didn't have to paint. Although, she only liked to paint two walls, so we'll match the paint color and finish the room eventually.

Here is the before:
And the after:
Here is the Master Walk-In closet before:
And our organized look after:
I put my necklace hanger inside, and will soon put a full-sized mirror on that blank wall space.
In the master bedroom, we were hoping to get this comforter set from Macy's, but they failed to have a queen size.
So instead, we found this comforter set that I absolutely fell in love with. I love me a "bed-in-a-bag" comforter set. This one actually came with the decorative pillows! The best thing about it, though...it was over $50 cheaper than the comforter set above, but still as great of quality!
A front view: Can you tell I'm going for the Asian "find your zin" look!?
Some other items that I'm hoping to buy this month:

Two white, skirted Parsons chairs for the formal Living Room/Music Room...these can also be added to the Dining Room across the hall incase we need extra chairs. Kill two birds with one chair...HA! ;)
...and some kind of accent chair for the Family Room. We currently have a white, microfiber sectional with beautiful red pillows, but I want a pop of color for the accent chair.

Something like this...
Or this...
Or gosh...even this! A real conversation piece :)
I hope you all are doing well! We are almost done with all of the painting on the first floor and can see a light at the end of the tunnel!

Living Room and Dining Room updates coming soon!!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Your house is beautiful! You guys have done a great job! I love your comforter. Bed in a bag is the best!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...