Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Wedding Wednesday: Shoes

Shoes...what a fun way to express yourself...especially at your wedding! What did you do? Something Blue? White? A fun color to match your bridal party? Just something spunky!?

Shoes are important not only to make a fashion statement, but to allow comfort during your long, joyous day. Many brides choose to wear flip-flops for the reception. I wasn't that girl, I wanted to tough it out. What did you do?
I love the idea of this shoe, it's different, it's a peep-toe (my new fav!), and it's even got a hint of blue in it!
Yet another peep-toe, but here you have the white to match the dress. I tried this pair on, they weren't comfortable for me, though. The heel was rather high.
Did you choose a blue shoe to cover your something blue? I love this blue sateen shoe with the buckle on the toe. What a statement!
These light blue heels are just darling. A touch too casual for me, though.
How about a simple ballet slipper? Here you have the elegance of a nice shoe, but MAJOR comfort! I would have had to do a lot of alterations to my dress if I wore ballet slippers.

Cost of alterations is another issue, folks. How much do you want to spend...or do you just want to suck it up and wear the heel!?
Unfortunately I can't find a picture of my shoe at the moment, but I'll describe them to you. I chose a silver, peep-toe, satin shoe...with a mid to high heel. The silver matched my groomsmen colors, while my toe-polish matched the bridesmaids dresses. Pat also wore silver socks so we would match :)

Again, it's all about what YOU want, money, and comfort. Mcklinky it up folks, tell us about the type of shoe that dressed your foot on the day of your wedding!

Eat, Drink, and be Married!

PS - I bought my shoes online from DSW (I couldn't find them in the store).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the second pair the best. Those are adorable. :)

Rebekah said...

Can I just say that those Manolo's are my dream shoe?? I keep telling Dylan I will go without gifts for 10 years if I can get those shoes...but he doesn't seem to think it's s good idea!

Sonya said...

I went the flip flop route! Heels weren't going to work for an outdoor wedding and I wanted comfy feet! For the wedding I wore white ones with sequins and a rhinestone then changed to red ones for the reception that were just like the white ones! I love flip flops so it worked for me! I even got each of the bridesmaids the red ones like mine to wear during the reception!

Cakeblast said...

I wore ordinary dress shoes. I don't even remember the brand. I think thats okay since I'm a guy?

Anywho, I liked the second pair in your article best. I'm a new follower from Friday Follow.

sweepstakesjeanie@yahoo.com said...

I am following you from Friday Follow.

http://www.mommyblessingsinsmallbundles.com/


Jeanette Huston

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...