Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Goonies 25th Anniversary!

We all watched it, we all fell in love with the characters, the story, and the ultimate treasure hunt! It's the 25th anniversary of "The Goonies" this weekend and I am excited to announce that in order to celebrate this wonderful time, they are coming out with a DVD - Blu-Ray collection of the infamous movie on November 2nd! So excited :)

So, I thought I would share with you some before and after pictures of those fun-loving characters!

Mikey - Sean Astin


Chunk - Jeff Cohen (Spielberg said he went from chunk to hunk!)

Mouth - Corey Feldman

Sloth - John Matuszak

Andy - Kerri Green

Data - Jonathon Ke Quan

Mamma Fratelli - Anne Ramsey (also in Throw Mamma from the Train)
Stef - Martha Plimpton

Brand - Josh Brolin

Jake Fratelli - Robert Davi

Francis Fratelli - Joe Pantoliano

Another great fact about "The Goonies" - it's coming to Broadway! I'll let you know more info when I hear some!

In other great personal news, I had quite a wonderful week! I had been named the Novice Teacher of the Year at my school (five years or less experience; I have five years under my belt), which was honor enough. But, we were to send in an essay giving advice to another novice teacher of the year, turn in our resume, and hope that the committee picked us as the County Novice Teacher of the year.

Well, sure enough, we had the banquet on Thursday night, it was wonderful...and guess what!? I won for the county! I am so excited!! I won $250 in cash and a brand new Acer Aspire laptop! I am absolutely thrilled and simply celebrating and resting this weekend :)

A lot of you have been asking me how much time I have left in school...10 more days. I can make it!!

5 comments:

Sonya said...

Congrats on your award! That's a pretty nice prize! Glad your school year is almost over!

Michelle said...

Congrats on the award! I'm so proud of you! You're almost there!....There's light at the end of the tunnel. Keep hanging in there! On a side note, the first gift Donald ever gave me was the Goonies on DVD! :) Enjoy your weekend and rest up!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, thats awesome!

Meredith said...

Congratulations!! I was nominated for "Teacher of the Year" from my school, but didn't get :( Maybe next year!

A style blog said...

congrats!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...