Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Wedding Wednesday: Favors


Mints, chocolate, magnets, paper, candy, a candle, cookies, soap, potpourri, oh my word, the list goes ON AND ON!  What in the world do you choose!?  That's what we are going to find out today from YOU all :)

My dad passed away two and a half years ago from heart disease.  Cancer was current in Patrick's extended family.  Relatives in our friends lives have suffered from ALS.  Family is everything to us.  No candy or soap could replicate that feeling.  So, it was my Mom's amazing idea to do this, and I can't thank her enough for coming up with it!  Mom's know everything!!

We actually donated $2.00 - $3.00 per person, out all of the attendants, to three organizations that meant the most to us, in the name of someone who suffered from these diseases.

I actually made the cards myself and had them printed at Kinko's.  It saved a lot of money doing it myself and I really enjoyed the process.

What favors did you have for your wedding!?  I hope I see some new followers joining in, I've seen your wedding photos and they are gorgeous!  Share with us :)




Mcklinky it up!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome and generous idea. You're absolutely right - those donations matter more than any piece of chocolate or candy ever would.

Naturally Creative Mama said...

That is such a great idea! The invitations were gorgeous too!
I am following you back. Thanks for stopping by.
Katy
www.kdbuggie.blogspot.com

Adventures said...

Following you back! Thanks for the follow!

Rae said...

Our favors were personalized shot glasses! Very fun! Our families still use them to this day! :) Oh and we had personalized mini chocolate bars on the tables too.

Katie said...

So pretty! I would love to get an invite like that!

Anonymous said...

New Follower from Welcome Wednesday, and I love your blog!
http://www.hootiebee.blogspot.com

soccermom said...

I dont know anyone getting married any time soon, but it is a great idea. I'll have to remember that.

Thanks for stopping by. :)

Ron Cooper said...

I’m already following you, but wanted to stop and say hi on this Welcome Wednesday!

My latest inspirational postings include “8 Tips for Successful Living,” “Celebrate,” “Springtime Beauty,” “The Power,” “The Triumphant Heart,” and “Pure Love.”

Ron

http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

Design It Chic said...

I am your newest follower from Welcome Wednesday!It would be nice if you could share back the love on my blog!Happy Wednesday!

Jessica said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Your site is beautiful! Keep up the good work.

A GAL NEEDS... said...

You have a lot of interests! I LOVE music and I hope to see some posts on this topic. The wedding meme is really fun! I'm sure you'll get a lot of participation once the word gets out! Following from Friendly Wednesday! I'm at http://helena-agalneedsatleast2blogs.blogspot.com/

Kelsey Claire said...

I love this idea. What a sweet and special way to honor a loved one. I always love when I go to weddings and they do something like this. I wish we had done that!

♥Yaya's Mommy ♥ said...

WOW gorgeous invitations.
I am your newest follower from Follow Me Back Tuesday. Thank you so much for stopping by.
Have a great rest of your week.
Best wishes,
Cindi
http://www.littleyayas.com/

Keli said...

Thanks so much for joining in on Friendly Wednesday and spreading the word about our hop!

That is such an amazing idea! Go Mom! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...