Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Best $1.50 I Ever Spent!

So, the neighborhood I live in had their annual garage sale - any house could participate, and we could all just roam around and find some goodies!  Heaven for me :)  I spent all of $1.50 and got quite a bit more!

I bought this shelf - for all of $0.50 and, honestly, I haven't figured out what I'm going to use it for yet.  HA!  Any suggestions!?

The last big purchase of the day...THIS beauty!  She was all of $1.00, and she's an old sewing machine table.  With a chic transformation, this little lady will turn into a beautiful powder desk for our guest bedroom! 

I own four more of those chairs (they were given to me), and it just goes perfectly - it even matches the bedspread!

View from the upstairs hallway.

I want to fill in the hole there, do you all suggest fitting another piece of wood and painting, or just leaving it there?

What do you think!?

I look forward to hearing everyone's suggestions :)  Folks, think outside the box when you are garage hopping - you really can turn someone else's trash into YOUR treasure :)

PS - what color should I paint it?!?

6 comments:

Frugal Science Gal said...

Wow!! This is so awesome! Congrats on the great buys!! Our neighborhood garage sale is next week so I hope that I can find something like this!!

Frugal Science Gal
http://www.frugalsciencegal.blogspot.com/

Vanessa said...

If you can find a mirror that would fit in the hole, I would almost leave it there! Would look nice with perfumes and lotions sitting atop a mirror! Just my opinion!

Great deals!!

Vanessa
http://morelovemorepower.blogspot.com/

Kirsty Girl said...

I say paint is a really shabby, rubbed back turqoise or an off-white! I just love your finds! :D Especially that chair!

Rebekah said...

I love your finds! Maybe you could fit glass and put it in the hole? That's a great find!

Marci said...

Hi, Just stopping by and following you from Thirsty Thursday Blog Hop!

www.thewhitewhimsies.blogspot.com

Nutbird said...

Your sewing machine table is missing a top piece. It should be hinged on the left side and lift up and to the left. A piece of slate or marble would be nice, but I think you really need a solid piece for the top. MDF might be nice and you can iron on a piece of veneer for the edge. I love the little shelf. It might be nice in the laundry area and you can put old cans, soap packages or odd doll clothes on it. You could also put it in a hall somewhere and stick photos on the wall inside it. Use it as a frame. Or use it for one or two seasonal things, like a Halloween troll doll, or a witch, or something really odd. Great buys. Ann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...