Monday, May 14, 2012

My First Mother's Day

First I want to start out by thanking my boys for making my first Mother's Day so so special.  I will always cherish it :)

For me, I didn't need things...I just needed time...time to make memories.  And that's just what I got!

Unfortunately the last two weeks have made Preston and I sick...

But they certainly knew how to cheer me up.  Way to go guys, this is right up my alley :)

So refreshing.

So sweet!

I also got another gift filled with chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers...my own s'mores junk pile!  I swear, these guys are trying to make a post baby body look worse!

And on top of that, Patrick let me sleep in, cooked me a huge breakfast, and we had Outback take-out that night with a gift certificate.  Again, I didn't have to go out, just spending time with my family was perfect.

We then went outside, and...



...planted Preston's tree!

Patrick's parents have been growing part of an Indiana Redbud in their yard for a while now for all of their kids.  A few weeks ago they gave us ours and we finally got around to planting it.

But we decided to dedicate it to our little man, Preston.  It's little just like him, and will grow right along with him!  I just love the idea of this!  Even if we move from this house, we will always remember our years here and will be able to see "Preston's tree". 

So special!


The final product.

Could there be anything more perfect about this?  Why yes - an Indiana Redbud has heart-shaped leaves :)


I hope all of the new Mom's that I have come to know had a wonderful day as well!

I already have some ideas for Father's day ;)

2 comments:

Mallorie said...

What a great day!!! I love the tree planting idea! When we move (whenever that will be! HA!) I want to do that!!!

What are your father's day ideas?! :-)

Emily said...

That kid of yours is so, so, so , so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Mama's Day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...