Monday, August 25, 2014

Maternity Leave #2

So today marks the first day of my maternity leave with baby number two: Lyla.  I'm not going to lie...I am pretty nervous.  Trying to manage her and my almost three year old is going to be a challenge. 

Both of my kids are currently going through some phases.  Lyla is going through the "I'm not going to sleep through the day" phase.  She will cat nap for about 30 minutes maybe three or four times a day, but no long stretches any more.  Sad face.
 
She despised the swing that Preston had when he was a baby, so we sold it.  We have tried the Fisher Price Rock N' Play and now we have bought the 4Moms Mamaroo as well.  We are going all out for this kid just to get her to sleep during the day.  She just gets so over tired...and so does Mommy.

Preston is going through a completely different phase.  The "I need constant attention phase because my baby sister is getting too much of my Mommy and Daddy's attention". 
 
It's hard not to hurt his feelings some time, but I know that this too shall pass.  It's just going to be hard to try and manage Lyla's sleep patterns and feedings along with trying to keep Preston entertained. 
 
Say a little prayer for me.

We are actually contemplating sending him to the babysitter twice a week just so he doesn't get so frustrated at home.  I will be able to keep the morning occupied with Preston's swim lessons for the entire month of September, but that's only twice a week.  You all know, with a pre-schooler...you really need to occupy their time ALL. THE. TIME.
 
Plus, he really enjoys playing with his friends and Lyla needs some one on one time with Mommy.  She hasn't really gotten a lot of that because we've been on summer break since she was born. 

I am so thankful for this time, but I'm scared too.  I love my kids very much and I am bound and determined to make this work.  I'll keep you posted on how it goes. 

Happy Monday and happy first day back to school, teachers!

1 comment:

Ashley @ Life with Kids said...

Have you tried baby wearing? Maybe in an ergo, ring sling or a wrap? Ellie loved to sleep in those.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...