Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Exercise After Two Pregnancies

It's a little different.  A lot different.

But, this time around I have a lot of motivation to get the body that I've always wanted since our family is finally complete.  After having Preston I wasn't ready to fully emerge myself in an exercise routine because I knew I was having another baby.  What was the point!?

Anyway, here are a couple of thoughts about exercise this time around:

1.) I don't run...I walk.  This is because after having two babies I would need to wear a diaper while running.  Seriously.

2.) I don't just walk.  I power walk.  While carrying two pound weights in my hand.  Which, by the way, I resent the fact that one pound and two pound weights are automatically pink.  No other color options.  I guess only women use those, right?!  sarcasm.

3.) At this point, I don't care what I look like while I exercise in my neighborhood.  It looks kind of like this:


Haha - minus the headband and the 80's get-up...but yup, that's me every day!  I get some stares, but that's OK, it's working for me :)

4.) I am finding that I am also motivated to exercise because that is 45 minutes to an hour of "me" time.  It's the time I need as a Mom to think, listen to great music, and contemplate the future.

5.) Sometimes I talk to God while I'm exercising.  Really.

6.) I talk to my Dad for sure.  I miss him.

7.) I want this exercise/don't eat so much regimen to really work, so I'm bustin' my bootie. 

That is all.

1 comment:

val@theacorsfamily.wordpress said...

1) I LOVE the video clip.
2) You got this. Go You!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...