Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Our Kids Lately

With only two weeks left on my maternity leave, I am taking pictures and documenting everything.  So I thought I would bring you up to speed on a few things.
 
Lyla is enjoying tummy time a lot more and even smiling through it.  She can last a good ten minutes like that without crying or fussing.  Sometimes I have to put her back on her tummy, though, because she rolls all the time from her tummy to her back. 


Sweet girl - so strong!


Now that she is holding her head up much better I went ahead and pulled out the bumbo seat.  She LOVES it!  It was quite a new perspective for her but she can sit there and be content.  Thank goodness! 
 
Preston hated this seat, couldn't stand it.  So, I'm glad we didn't buy it for nothing.


The mornings are getting much cooler and I LOVE it.  Fall is here and the weather is beautiful.  But with the colder weather comes the warmer clothes.  My mom got this for Lyla about a week ago so I thought I'd take a picture of her in it.
 
HAHA - I die laughing every time I look at this one.  Don't worry, Mom, she loves the outfit, she was just tired of the bumbo when I took this picture...I swear!
 
Baby picture in her senior yearbook?  HAHAHA!


Then there's my big guy.  Man he is doing a lot and we wouldn't have it any other way.  We really made it a priority this summer to make sure he had really cool activities to do so he didn't feel left out with Lyla's arrival.  It has been so much fun watching him play and grow. 
 
I love this kid.


Our neighborhood had a garage sale this past weekend and anyone could participate.  So of course I got up early with the kids and headed out to see what deals I could find.  Anyone with kids knows that a good garage sale/consignment shop is the place to go!  Not everything they use has to be new.
 
So I found this red flyer tricycle for only $10!  Preston loves it and it will really get him practicing for a big boy bike in the future.  So fun!  I bought it also knowing that Lyla can very well use this when she is older too.


Where did my baby go!? 


Preston is also really loving his puzzles.  These big piece puzzles are wonderful for him and it really gets him concentrating...and gives Mommy a few minutes of quiet.  He also hums every time he puts one together.  :)
 
I found this Melissa & Doug puzzle at a garage sale for only $2!


Preston is also still taking swim lessons and we don't foresee stopping those any time soon.  He has already passed two levels in his class and went under water for the first time today! 

Here is what he has learned so far:

*Mouth Bubbles
*Nose Bubbles
*How to get out of the pool unassisted
*Spiderman (crawling along the wall unassisted)
*Putting his full face in the water for 5 seconds
*Floating on his back
*Floating on his belly
*Going underwater unassisted

He has done so well and found a wonderful teacher that he really connects with.  This aspect of parenting where I get to WATCH him grow from the sidelines - man it's so much fun!  I am such a proud Mom these days :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...