Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Wedding Wednesday: Veils

Ah, the veil. A great topic of choice for this week's Wedding Wednesday! I hope you all join me today and tell us about the type of veil you wore for your big day. I thought I would show you some options, especially for you soon-to-be brides, and then show you what I used for mine.

The veil really completes the ensemble. The accessories are great, but I think the veil really sets the tone of the entire fashion statement. I'm talking like I'm a real fashion guru...YEAH RIGHT!

Do you want your veil to be what your attendants focus on, or the dress? It's really your choice, but where's the bold statement on your day?

I've always loved the floor length veil. But those of you that actually had one...did it feel heavy? The long veil scared me.
The extremely vintage look. Just had a friend get married and use this and it fit her so well. This style is simple but very elegant and old-school. I like!
Ahhhh...refreshing! The Walk To Remember veil! You all remember, when she walked down that aisle in that tiny church where her mom got married. A simple dress with a veil trimmed in lace. I LOVED IT and still do! :) It has such a pure quality to it.
Now here's a question. Did you wear your veil under or over? You know those commercials these days that ask about your toilet paper...over or under!? (I'm over, by the way)...but how did you wear yours and why did you choose that? This young woman has a great up-do...so going under with the veil works very well.

I think the positioning of the veil has A LOT to do with what type of hair style you are going with. Also, this veil has a trim of sparkle...another favorite of many brides these days.
This is a more bulky veil, great for if you are going to wear it over your face as you walk down the aisle. I personally didn't, I felt very awkward with it covering my head...bee-keeper-esque...but this particular veil has the sparkle spread all around. Another fan favorite.
Finally, here are a few pictures of my veil at different angles. Since my dress was so elaborate, I chose to have the veil a touch shorter, but mainly very simple. If it was sparkly I think I would have been blinding!

You can see it had two seperate layers but it also had a scalloped trim. I also wore it over my up-do.
A side view where you can really see the trim.
More of the back...
...right before the ceremony. Here you can really see the length. Hit right at my waist.
This is a very special picture for me. Love you, Mom!!!
I bought my dress at David's Bridal, but I didn't like any of their veils. Advice to you brides-to-be, if you buy your dress at David's, you don't have to buy EVERYTHING ELSE there as well. Don't let them pressure you!

I went to a seperate boutique for a few things, but I'm very glad I did. This one matched well and it was perfect for me.

Now it's your turn! Talk to me about YOUR veil! What style did you use? Over or under? Sparkle or simple? I can't wait to hear from you all!

Eat, Drink, and be Married!!!

5 comments:

Meredith said...

My veil was custom made by my seamstress. To help tie in my colors of black and silver, she sewed a thin black ribbon around the trim. Now that I think about it, I don't remember if my veil went over or under my hair. But I also added a very sparkly tiara.

The Undomestic Mom said...

love it!!!!!

Rebekah said...

I love your veil. How pretty! And, I do love the veil from A Walk to Remember. Love that movie!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Doesn't a veil just complete it all!! So gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by my blog .... I can't wait to follow you once I get to my desktop (+n the crackberry now). Come back and participate in Wishful Wednesday one of these days :)

Andrea said...

I think I had the exact same veil as you! It was over 8 years ago and it was one of my "borrowed" things. It was on the top of my head, I wore my hair down, with a little tiara type headpiece. The headpiece was bought for me by one of my sisters and it's so special. Two of my nieces have worn it in their weddings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...