Monday, May 3, 2010

More Paint and Decoration!

The awful, taunting yellow is now GONE! That's right folks, the next step of transforming our first home into our home...the half bath on the main floor.

Just take a look...
The bathroom is fairly small, so sitting in there with that much yellow, it truly made you uncomfortable. Overwhelming, to say the least.

So, the big reveal...just take a look. A bit easier on the eyes :)
First we based our wall color off of the rug. It's a cute rug from Bed, Bath, & Beyond. We also took out the towel bar, no need for it. Instead I bought a Venetian Bronze towel ring from Home Depot, bronze handles for the cabinets, as well as a matching toilet paper roll. (We just bought the toilet paper roll this evening, so I don't have a picture of it.)

I put up a nice picture on the back wall...
And tried to make the sink a warm and comforting area. We just have to do a little trimming of paint in this room, and it's officially done!
You might not remember the blog giveaway that I won back in the day, but you can read about it here. I won a wall decal from HouseHold Words, a personal Etsy shop. I fell in love with her ideas, and picked the phrase: "Together is a great place to be."

And there isn't a more perfect place to put this than in the kitchen :) See it up there?!
My next decal to get is for the laundry room. Go check her work out, it's fantastic!
So this weekend I traveled up to Warrenton, Va. to see a horse show, and was introduced to the White Elephant consignment shop. I wasn't expecting much because it is a consignment shop, but it was so cute and inviting with wonderfully priced merchandise!
I found this cute antique lamp for only $7.00. I plan on putting a small candle inside.
I also found this wonderful painting, for only $10.00, that I plan on putting with our wine rack in the kitchen, doesn't it make you feel like you're right there!?
Gotta love a good bargain, people!

I hope your Monday went well and the rest of the week is the same. The weekend can't come fast enough!

I'm off to decorate and paint more...updates coming soon :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the wine painting - it does make you feel like you're right there, even on the other side of the computer! I also love that cut little lamp - it almost looks kind of like a lantern. You gotta love consignment shops. I have a friend who just adores them. Any time we hang out - which is usually over the summer because we go to different schools - we always have to stop by a consignment shop around town. Also, the decal is super cute, and I love what you did with the bathroom. Good work. Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the house! :D

Rebekah said...

I love the color in the bathroom! Great job. I love wall decals. I don't have any, but it is one of my obsessions. I am going to have to check that out!

Julia said...

Much better, great job! Now you don't have to wear sunglasses to use this bathroom anymore.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...