Thursday, July 29, 2010

Oh, How I Adore Goodwill & Friday Follows!


Happy Friday, everyone!  Oh, how I love Friday's, and today's another great one!  Why, you ask!?  Because I took another trip to Goodwill :)  I usually head over there about every 2-3 weeks, so I allow enough time for new items to filter in.  Today was a good day.

Remember the great $20.00 dresser that I found a month ago!?  Well, I found something even cheaper to accompany it!  That's right, a mirror!

How much, you ask?  $10.00 with a 20% coupon! HA!  $8.00 totalAMAZING!! A little white paint will do the trick to both items :)


Alright, you, my husband and I all know that my shopping didn't hault there!  I then found these fabulous shadow boxes for $3.00 a piece.  Kind of steap, I thought...especially since one was smaller!  I thought about painting these, but the wood actually matches everything in the family room and our stair banisters.  SCORE!


Next, I needed something to showcase in my shadow boxes, people.  DUH!  What do you think I found here...for only $1.50?

This little gem, perfect for the bigger box.  It's also the color that I'm want in some foyer rugs in the future.  Great way to introduce it to the color scheme!


It took me a little bit longer to find smaller items that were catching to the eye.  How about this adorable salt shaker for a whopping $0.60!?  Yes, please!


That little guy certainly needed something to accompany it!  What about this one!?  Another doozy on the pocket...$0.49!  What can I say, these prices just make me smile :o)

What do you think!?  I haven't put them up yet, still trying to figure out the best place; I have a few options.  But don't they look great!?  LOVE it!

To finalize my excursion, I bought a plant, the most expensive item on my list, people.  There's something wrong with that!  That guy up on the cabinets was $9.99.  SHEESH!

Isn't it funny how a plant can really make a room feel warm?
And now folks, it's Friday Follow!  I hope you have enjoyed this post and are enjoying the blog that you see before you!  One Fine Wire is always welcoming to new folks, and I can't wait to meet you all :)  Happy Blog Hopping!!

friday-followfriday-followbadgeMy Wee View

I heart Goodwill & new/current followers...in no particular order ;)

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are quite the finds! You have me wanting to run off to my local Goodwill, too!

Happy Friday!

Rebekah said...

You are making me want to run to Goodwill to see what I can find. I think I'll go tomorrow! I love your finds.

Amanda @ Our Oklahoma Nest said...

You found some great stuff! I'm still jealous over the dresser!

Sarah said...

Great find from Goodwill! You have a good eye.

Sarah
http://craftingandcreativity.blogspot.com/

J Rodney said...

Hi There,
I’m your newest follower, I’m stopping by from Friendly Friday.

You sure got some great finds there.


FrugalMom from
Frugality Is Free
If you have any giveaways, I would love it, if you would link them up at my Fantastic Friday Giveaway Linky

~SHANNON~ said...

What great finds!!

Happy Friday! Here from the illustrious Friday Follow- hope you'll follow me back!

dustinnikki said...

Newest follower from friendly Friday! I love Goodwill too!

I love finding something that is really nothing that I can turn into something! ;)

DustinNikki Mommy of Three
http://dustinnikki.blogspot.com/

Sharon's New Life said...

I love, love, love thrift stores as one man's trash is another man's treasure!
I'm your latest follower through New Friend Friday and would love it if you would stop by and follow back at http://scfitz1972.blogspot.com.
Sharon:)

cfoxes33 said...

All your finds are awesome! I'm new from Friday follow! Have a great day!

even-star said...

love that little salt shaker! Visiting from NFF

Kel said...

Wow! I need to go shopping with you! What great find! I'm a new follower. I hope you have a fabulous weekend! And you have time swing by tomorrow and join our first ever Spotlight Blog Hop.

Kel
www.betweenthelines-kel.com

Dana @ The Coupon Challenge said...

New follower from FF

Marissa said...

Ok, we gotta get a goodwill store around here...wow, those were great buys for SO cheap! found your through friendly fridays :)

Anonymous said...

I'm your newest follower. Love everything about your blog. http://moogieland.blogspot.com/

BowWowPet said...

Love your blog
newest follower:)
www.bowwowpet.blogspot.com

Jennifer S. said...

Great finds! Makes me want to stop at my local Goodwill very soon! I am a new follower. Have a great weekend. :)
~Jen
http://www.sweeptight.com/

Kelly's Lucky You said...

I love seeing your finds! Thanks for sharing them!

I'm a new Friday Follower. Nice to meet you!

Please follow me back and leave a comment on the $200 Cash Giveaway post. Maybe it'll be your lucky day!

Kelly
http://KellysLuckyYou.com

Cindy said...

I love it when I can find a bargain. Puts me in a good mood.
New follower with Friday-Follow.

Busy Mom's Tips

Carrie said...

I just LOVE Thrift store! You found some great ones! I'm stopping by from Friendly Friday!

The Simple Jocabell Life
Simply Fitting Into Life...and my old jeans

Anonymous said...

Ya know, I've never shopped at goodwill except getting some books online. I love Salvation Army though. New follower here.

Leigh said...

My hubby loves Goodwill!

Dropping is as a new follower from Follow Me Friday

soccermom said...

Wow, I never shop there, but it looks like you found some great things.
Who would of thought?

beka said...

Hey thanks for stopping by my blog! I wish I could find such great things, I never have good luck in thrift stores but I always go in with the best intentions...

Annie said...

wow...you're quite the bargin shopper!! I on the other hand...no so good at it!! Nice work!

Jennifer Juniper said...

I'm jealous.. Maybe I need to go down to Goodwill tonight..

Carrie said...

that is some great stuff you found. I love hitting the swapmeets and flea markets. I've found some awesome stuff in my day :)

Congrats on getting a coveted Friday Follow spot :)

Rebecca Dot Com said...

happy Friday! Enjoy your day! Stopping by from FF - come follow me back! I enjoy your blog- let's keep in touch! :)

www.justcherishtoday.com

Michell @ Girl In Air said...

I'm a new follower from Trendy Treehouse!! I can already tell I'm gonnna LOVE this blog....I'm a NUT for goodwill and all thrift stores:-)

Holly said...

WOOHOO!! Bargain store treasures are always fun!
New follower from Friday Follow! ;D
http://www.diamondpotential.com

Sandra said...

I love me a good blog hop! You feel lucky with your finds at the Goodwill store, and I feel lucky when I find new blogs...but now I'm thinking the Goodwill store might be a nice place to visit. Love the shadow boxes!

Christin@Pregnant with power tools said...

Wow am I a big fan of the thrift store! (Like I need an intervention fan!)
You did great on that trip! Love the shelves!

visiting from Lady Bloggers!

Contact: said...

I'm your newest follower! Dropping by from the lady bloggas...

Sugar Bear said...

I love the shadow boxes and the goodies you got to go inside. Great finds! I am loving all the pics of your curtains and Jacob and everything else.
New follower here from FF

Dawn said...

adorable finds :) i am following from follow fridays, just now leaving you a comment :)
dawn
http://flipoutmama.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hey! I have been following you for a little while, and you know what I just realized?? You and I had the same wedding gown..haha. Good choice!!! I noticed it in the pic at the top of your blog, and then I looked closer at your wedding pics- sure enough we matched! And, you got engaged on April 4th, 2009- I got married on that day..haha. We spent our Honeymoon with Disney, too. Such a small world!
I love shopping at consignment/thrift stores. We have bought most of our furniture that way and then we just restain it or paint it to our liking. Great stuff!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...