Thursday, August 28, 2014

Beachin' It

Since summer is officially over for us teachers, I thought I'd post my last summer post of 2014.  Sad.
 
One of the last trips that we took while we were visiting in Yorktown, Va. was to the beach.  Va. Beach!
 
We all really enjoy the ocean and thought it would be great to take Preston one last time this summer and make it Lyla's first ever trip. 

I think she enjoyed it :)  Sweet girl.


She basically slept the whole time, but who wouldn't with such a beautiful breeze and the salty air.  Here's the one picture I got with her eyes open.


Preston had such a great time.  And I tell ya, the kid is extremely personable...so much so that he talks to anyone who will listen.  But at the same time, we have to reign him in so he doesn't bother anyone and doesn't talk to total strangers all the time.  This summer we have had to introduce the "stranger danger" talk.
 
He found some wonderful friends at the beach, though, and all the kids ended up playing with each other and sharing toys during our stay.  It was great!

Check out that beautiful grin!  True happiness.


It was a great morning at Va. Beach and I hope we go a lot more next summer.  We will surely make it a point since Lyla will officially be one year.  Weird!


This summer was obviously extra special to us because little miss Lyla was born and made our family complete.  I'm also not pregnant anymore - WOOT WOOT!

We did so many more things with a newborn than we ever did with Preston.  We are doing OK with this whole parenting two kids thing and I look forward to seeing what this year brings! 

I adore my little family!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...